13 May 2010

My budding virtuoso

The elementary schools in Sheridan offer students the opportunity to learn keyboarding/piano, technology, or the violin. They can choose which one they are interested in and if they are picked they go to a lesson once a week for 30 minutes, free of charge! I chose for Caleb to try keyboarding/piano, because he gets plenty of technology already and I can't stand the violin. Anyway, he started keyboarding at the beginning of 1st grade and seemed to really enjoy it. A few weeks ago they had an "In-Formance" where the parents were able to come to the school and listen to each child play a song on the piano and then a group song on their keyboards. I thought Caleb did really well and have encouraged him to continue on with it next year. (I tried to upload a video, but it didn't work, so you just get a picture)


No comments: