15 March 2009

Kitchen Gadgets - Part One

After receiving a new kitchen gadget for my birthday and perusing the kitchen gadget section at Target, I decided I had to blog about kitchen gadgets. I
L-O-V-E kitchen gadgets, in fact they are definitely on my favorites list, along with food and cooking! I think there is some of the coolest stuff out there to use while cooking. Of course, a lot of it I don't own...yet. But my collection is slowly expanding. As with my other favorites, there are way too many to write about, but I wanted to share a few with you. So here you go...insight into my kitchen and some of the things I L-O-V-E to use.


The Cuisipro nutmeg/cinnamon grater. Isn't this contraption beautiful?! I Love it! I no longer use store bought nutmeg...I buy a jar of the whole nutmeg and grate my own. If you haven't tried this, I cannot even explain to you what freshly grated nutmeg tastes or smells like. It's amazing!


Mini spatulas, not sure the brand, doesn't matter. I love these to clean out cans of cream soup or any small can that a regular spatula won't fit in. They are the perfect size. Plus, they are just cute! I actually own two sets, I'm such a snob.


TONGS! I can't live without my tongs! I use them to turn meat and bacon, to toss pasta, cook on the BBQ, if you can name it, you can use tongs for it! They also make silicone coated tongs for your non-stick cookware.


More spatulas...the one I love the most is resting on the bowl. My mom bought this for me from Williams Sonoma, I've had it for years and it's still in great shape. It has this really great curved shape to it and is great for scraping bowls, etc. I use mine for cooking scrambled eggs and love it!


Citrus Zester/Peeler...isn't this cute! The other night I cooked carrots and I love to add in a little orange zest, so I pulled out my citrus peeler. It makes the cutest little orange or lemon curls. Great gadget!


The Microplane Zester. I think this is my favorite kitchen gadget. This thing is amazing! I bought the large one many years ago and I think it will last a lifetime. I just got the small one for my birthday and I'm excited to prepare something that needs to be zested.


Pampered Chef scoops-small, medium, & large. I love these scoops! The small gives you the perfect scoop for mini muffins, the medium is good for meatballs or a regular sized cookie and the large is perfect for regular sized muffins and cupcakes. These are definitely a must have for the kitchen!


Last, but not least...the Pampered Chef Bamboo spoons. If you've never cooked with wooden spoons you should try it. They are so great for just about everything! They come in different shapes and sizes, why not try all!

Now, you're probably wondering why I titled it Part One...well, my sister Ann, who also loves to cook, is in charge of posting Part Two...so hop on over to http://www.standsfive.blogspot.com in the next couple of days to check it out!

Bon Apetit!

4 comments:

StandsMom said...

Oh how my heart is beating! I ask Santa every year for things for my kitchen. It's one of my favorite things to collect! I'm hoping today or tomorrow I will be able to post Part 2. I also have nearly every item you listed in Part 1. I need that citrus zester/peeler. Thank you for talking about something I heart so much!!!



(p.s. did you know you can change your blog settings so people don't have to do that darned word verification?)

Melissa said...

Those are awesome! The one kitchen gadget i want is the onion chopper. I love onions in food but hate to cut them and get the smell on my hands. So my friend bought an onion chopper and says it is the best!

Have a good week. Tell your boys I missed them yesterday in Primary!

Jadi said...

Thanks for the fun post. I want to try grating my own nutmeg now! :) Are you still considering starting a recipe blog?

danielandjamaica said...

I love all those things too. I think my favorite thing is my pampered chef scrapers! The scoops are a close 2nd. I'll have to add some zest to my carrots. You should start a family recipe blog. Ours is The Family Cupboard on my blog...