05 March 2009

A Few of MY Favorite Things

Thanks, Ann, for your awesome blog on a few of your favorite things! It gave me an idea to ramble about. Although, I have many favorite things, I don't have the time nor the energy to share them all with you in this one blog. So here it goes...

I LOVE hamburgers, but only a really good hamburger. I am not in love, or even like for that matter, with a McDonald's hamburger. What is so great about a really good hamburger is the quality of hamburger, the type of bun, and the oh-so-delicious toppings! You can have a plain hamburger, a cheeseburger, a bacon burger, a southwest burger, oh heck...you get the point! I remember eating at this restaurant in Jackson Hole called the Cadillac Grill (http://www.cadillac-grille.com) and it was there that I experienced the most amazing hamburger...something I won't ever forget! And just to clarify...I love A LOT of food, but like I said, I can't share all my favs with you today.

Another favorite thing...Jane Austen. Isn't she amazing?! I am not one to dream of time travel, but I would love to go back in time and meet her and talk with her about all her novels. And I think one of the reasons I love her writing so much, is there are brilliant people who have put it to screen and now I can watch Jane Austen movies anytime while sitting on my couch, in my pjs, eating popcorn (which are a few more of my favorite things). My favorite Jane Austen movie is Pride and Prejudice, the version with Keira Knightley. She makes a brilliant Elizabeth Bennett and while Matthew Macfayden, as Mr. Darcy, isn't devastatingly goodlooking, there is something about him you just can't get enough of!
Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth Bennett:
You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

If you haven't watched it, shame on you! Go rent it NOW! (And Sense & Sensibility, Emma, Persuasion, Mansifield Park) Go go go!!!


Favorite number three...traveling. Now this is something I'm not exactly seasoned at, but hope to be someday. I've been a few places...all in the good 'ole U.S.of.A, but I have a list of places I'd like to go; NYC, Greece, Dollywood (haha, just kidding!). I think it's fun getting on a plane, staying in a nice hotel, eating at new places, exploring new cities, shopping, people watching, and just escaping from every day normalcy. The only thing I don't like about traveling is using public restrooms and it is always nice to get home to my own toilet. Anywho...one of the places I loved going to was Las Vegas! It was fun to fly into this crazy lighted city at 10 pm at night and feel like I never skipped a beat! There are shows, lights, and lights, and lights everywhere and people, and music, and food, and lights, and lots of fun stuff to do, and lights, and I can't wait to go back! Now, I would never want to live there (props to you, Jess, for makin' it happen) but it is a F-U-N place to go! Viva Las Vegas!

So that's it for today. I hope to add more random favorite things to my blog in the future!

1 comment:

Sharee said...

I too love that movie. My favorite part is the ending...to be honest I loved the whole thing! I hope all is going well for you and the boys. Talk to you soon!